Adding images to fill, blend or vectorize into your Vectornator documents.
Inserting an Image
Open the Import Tab (right button of the Inspector Bar) and select the Photos Tab.
Simply tap the image to insert into the document.
Drag and drop an image
To insert an image into your document, activate the Split View on your iPad, select the photo and drag it straight from the Files or the Photos App to the Document.
Resizing an image
As for any vector path, hold and drag one of the 4 corners of the image to resize it. Hols a second finger on the canvas or press SHIFT to keep the proportions.
Another way to resize it, it’s by using the “Resize” button inside the Toolbar.
Blend modes in digital image editing and computer graphics are used to determine how two layers are blended with each other. The default blend mode in most applications is simply to obscure the lower layer by covering it with whatever is present in the top layer.
This feature allows you to vectorize your imported images in one tap.
- Create a new document from the Gallery by importing a photo from your gallery.
Or Import a photo inside your document by going to the Import Tab inside the Inspector.
- Open the Style Tab to have access to the Auto Trace Panel, but remember to select the image first.
- With a simple tap on the Auto Trace button, without editing anything, you will have a preview of your vectorized image.
- Undo to go back to the raster image.
- By moving your finger on the Maximize Number of Paths slider you will have better results with your traced image.
- The Minimum Path Size slider lets you manage the area considered by the vectorizer. In other words, paths smaller than that will simply be ignored!
- To further edit your traced image you can move to the Path Tab and easily adjust the vectors by tapping on the Remove Anchor Points button.